Irisbus Iveco at the 57th UITP World Congress and Exhibition
Irisbus Iveco presents at the UITP 2007 (The International Association of Public Transport), opening today in Helsinki, its latest developments for Public Transport.
Its commitment confirms Irisbus Iveco’s position as leader in the area of city buses and is in keeping with its future plans for lasting development, preservation of the environment and protection of the individual.
Within this framework, Irisbus Iveco offers public transport authorities and operators a very wide selection of: vehicles adapted to all transport capacities, from the minibus to the guided articulated system and energy solutions for a city space that is more pleasant to inhabit.
A Modern, varied range
Irisbus Iveco offers its customers a highly diversified range, capable of meeting all the needs of public transport authorities:
- The minibus Daily, midibus EuroPolis and standard buses GX 127, GX 327 and Citelis, articulated bus Citelis, articulated and standard trolleybuses Cristalis and Citelis and Crossway LE (Low Entry) bus;
- Built-up vehicles or available partly knocked down or in the form of a chassis for local bodywork (Daily, Citelis, EuroRider and EuroRider LE);
- Choice of different energy sources: diesel engines Euro 4, Euro 5, EEV, natural gas engine, bio-diesel, electric propulsion;
- BHNS (Bus à Haut Niveau de Service, High Service Level Bus) type transport systems with optical guidance (Civis and Crealis).
Besides Irisbus Iveco offers a vast range of bus chassis for bodywork according to the local specifications and requirements of the countries where they may be operated.
This offer covers three aspects:
- low floor range: 12m and 18m (articulated) in chassis and PKD (Partly Knocked Down) vehicles with European specifications - all diesel Euro 4 and more (Euro 5 or EEV) + CNG
- low entry range (new offer): 12m and 18m (articulated) with a «heavy duty» specification (all diesel Euro 3)
- high floor range: 12m diesel Euro 3 and CNG with a "heavy duty" specification.
The new Crossway LE for the first time in public at the UITP 2007
Irisbus Iveco completes its range with the launch to the European markets of a new version of its suburban model, the Crossway LE, making its first public appearance at the UITP Congress in Helsinki.
The Crossway LE is available in two lengths, 12m and 12.80m.
The vehicle displayed on the Irisbus Iveco stand is in the Suburban configuration and has 35 seats + standing room for 73 people, with double doors (1200 mm) at the front and in the centre. It benefits from a Cursor 8 EEV 330 hp engine with a Voith 864.5 automatic gearbox. A suspension tilt device and wheelchair user platform optimise accessibility for disabled persons
A bus with a low-slung floor at the front and a coach with a high floor at the rear, the Crossway LE is particularly well positioned in terms of the quality/price ratio to meet the different suburban or interurban transport requirements of the markets for a mix of “great accessibility and maximum seating capacity”.
The front and central footboards are 320 and 330 mm from the ground, guaranteeing perfect accessibility to board and leave the vehicle, particularly for passengers with reduced mobility. The front part benefits from an inside height of 2.565 m; it can be configured into seats/standing room according to the needs of the operator. A retractable ramp can be fitted to the central footboard as an option to facilitate access by wheelchair users.
After the central door, two inside steps provide access to the rear part, the floor of which is located 980 mm from the ground; this part provides a seating area only. The minimum headroom is 1.925 m.
Different possibilities of front and middle doors are offered: a simple 800 mm door with one or two leaves, or a 1200 mm door with two leaves.
The Iveco Euro 4 engine (Euro 5 or EEV as an option), manual or automatic gearbox, rear axle, braking and dashboard of the Crossway LE are identical to those of the Crossway coach, whilst the front chassis with independent suspension and steering are borrowed from the Citelis bus. This standardisation of mechanical components optimises reliability and operating savings.
At 12m long and complying with European Standard 2001/85:
- The Crossway LE Intercity offers a maximum capacity of 45 seats, a central platform for a wheelchair and standing room for 55 passengers;
- The Crossway LE Suburban offers a maximum capacity of 38 seats, a central platform for a wheelchair and standing room for 70 passengers.
Iveco designs, manufactures, and markets a broad range of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles, off-road trucks, city and intercity buses and coaches as well as special vehicles for applications such as fire fighting, off-road missions, defence and civil protection.
Iveco employs over 24,500 people and runs 27 production units in 16 Countries in the world using excellent technologies developed in 5 research centres. Besides Europe, the company operates in China, Russia, Turkey, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, and South Africa. More than 4,600 service outlets in over 100 Countries guarantee technical support wherever in the world an Iveco vehicle is at work.
Turin, 21 May 2007