The range is 3 engines (8, 10 and 13 liters), 3 cabins (Active Day, Active Time, ActiveSpace - AS ³ -) and 3 heights (low roof, medium roof and high roof).
The possible configurations are the following:
• traditional 4x2 tractors accompanied by specific versions: lowered (Low Tractor), bridges with double reduction (HR), with reinforced frames pearls more demanding applications (RR);
• 6x2 tractors with turning central axle;
• traditional 4x2 trucks with mechanical and air suspension;
• 6x2 trucks with the third axis in single or twin wheels, liftable, fixed or steering - or steering in a central position, with air suspension or rear;
• 6x4 tractors and trucks.
All Stralis versions are matched with several types of suspension - including the air suspensions to adapt the vehicle height required by distribution missions or intermodal transport.
Stralis was designed to offer the customer a low total cost of ownership, thanks to the reduction of the two main cost items relating to the vehicle - maintenance and consumption. As regards the containment of maintenance costs, Stralis ensures:
• Reduced downtime with prolonged oil change intervals (150,000 km);
• significant reduction of brake system due to engine braking as standard (IvecoTurbo Brake), discs on all wheels, EBL, EBS and ESP;
• high clutch life, due to the engine and efficiency of automated gearboxes, regardless of the driver;
• on-board diagnostics and quick and accurate;
• arrangements and optional devices designed to reduce setup times.
Fuel consumption is optimized through:
• motoring excellence of thrusters CursorEuro 5, able to ensure fuel consumption below from 2 to 5% compared to the already economic Euro 3 versions;
• optimization of combustion through EDC (Electronic Diesel Control) of new generation, with time and amount of fuel to each cylinder;
• new injectors single pump with pressure up to 2000 bar;
• new seal rings which ensure reduced oil consumption.
The new Stralis was designed to demonstrate Iveco fundamental values on which their journey towards excellence: Commitment-working with a sense of responsibility for the customer's business; Reliability-keeping promises reliability, durability and high safety standards; Performance-support the customer's business with a vehicle higher productivity and lower operating costs. At these values, typical company, Stralis defines a Product: Power-excellent engines for power delivery and torque, which also ensure fuel economy at the top of the market.
Commitment, Reliability, Performance, TeamSpirit and Power: the values that Stralis shares with lanazionale New Zealand rugby team, the All Blacks, the team which in its history has won more than any other. To celebrate this community of values, which sealed by Iveco becoming Official Global Sponsor of the All Blacks, on the occasion of the launch, the new Stralis was presented with its game - the unmistakable black coat with a fern and a reference to tattoos which the players stress the bond of continuity with respect to the virtues of their ancestors.