The Stralis range, introduced in 2002, was an immediate success in sales and reviews by specialized magazines, culminating in recognition of "Truck of the Year 2003" for Stralis AS.
Since its launch, Stralis proved to be reliable and efficient. Not surprisingly, the competitive factors of Stralis owes its success to coincide with the characteristics of vehicle transport operators considered as the most significant.The new cab
We designed Stralis focusing on the comfort and wellbeing of the driver and passenger. Experience life on board means first and foremost quality of the cabin. For this reason the new Stralis cabin has been designed following the suggestions given by the dealers and customers, who led the designers' pencil. More room inside, the bed size, characteristics of the coatings, interior lighting, more storage space and personal effects (+15%) are the result of this teamwork.
Three different types of cabin for specific missions:
- Stralis Active Day: equipped with a cab with low roof, suitable for medium-range missions, for city and suburban services that do not require overnight stays;
- Stralis Active Time: used for medium and long distances, national or international, with long cabin low or high roof;
- Stralis Active Space (AS ³): the top of the Stralis range, 2007, takes its name from the extraordinary interior roominess, whose size makes it look like a cube (also available as a low roof).
On all models of every cab driver can find the ideal driving position thanks to the new air seat with four degrees of freedom (travel increased by 40 mm compared to the previous model, for a total of 220 mm) and the control system of the steering wheel.
Decompression engine brake, hydraulic retarder, radio, cruise control can be operated without removing your hands from the steering wheel. Even the gear selector EuroTronic is integrated into the steering wheel. In particular AS ³ were the following enhancements:
- new fabrics, cotton and microfiber, which ensure comfort and durability;
- The dashboard has been improved with the use of new plastic materials and new soft paints that increase the pleasantness to the touch;
- The multi-function instrument panel with color display, which provides information on the operation of all systems of the vehicle, has a graphics easier to read;
- new lit up pointers a better reading of 4 circular indicators.
- All controls are clearly visible and easily accessible to allow control of the vehicle in complete safety and comfort.
Thanks to the efficient air conditioning and excellent soundproofing, Stralis can offer the driver a comfortable and safe even in unfavorable conditions.
Life on board
At the top of the range is the new Stralis Active Space cab (AS ³) in the high roof version, which, thanks to the profile of the roof and posterior wall, provides:
- +95 Mm in height;
- +90 Mm in depth;
for a total of 1.8 m3 in volume the most.
More room to move, more space to rest, more space for storage.
The slatted beds are bigger (746x2020mm for the lower bed, 784x1940 for the better); their comfort is improved by the use of new materials, and the folding system of the upper bed (with air springs) allows quick and comfortable opening. The bed is available with the new, aluminum ladder.
Regarding the lower bed, there are three possible configurations:
- bed in three modules, with table integrated in the central module, for a cozy environment;
- three modules with integration of the passenger seat, with a significant comfort improvement compared to the solution so far available on the Stralis AS;
- bed in a single module, to obtain the maximum comfort at night, pair with a scrollable container (capacity 100 liters) positioned next to the fridge.
The new top crossbar includes several storage compartments with doors whose opening and closing is facilitated by the use of gas springs, large space is available under the bottom bunk and on both sides of the cabin.
The folding table is bigger (+30% of support surface: 580x545mm).
The volume of the compartments was further increased by 15%, the central compartment of the new Stralis measures 450x780mm 220x595mm against the previous model.
The interior lighting has been enhanced with new lighting on the ceiling.
In the configuration in one or two drivers, passenger seat with stationary or rotating, with double bunk with luggage or higher, with lower bunk comfort or disassembled - to create a comfortable living area - Active Space (AS ³) is the working environment and life ideal for long range missions.
Stralis offers a unique design, developed by Iveco Style Centre in accordance with the needs expressed by customers, because respecting who drives also means providing a nice looking truck.
The new style further accentuates the personality of the vehicle together with the image and functionality of the space in the cabin.
The external lines of the cab has been designed for aerodynamic efficiency: despite the increase in the size of the roof, the CX has improved by 2%.
On each side, completely redesigned, now there is a large compartment (with electric power control opening whose dimensions have been increased by 60% compared to the previous Stralis model) and a compartment under the cabin, on both sides - for a total of 480 liters of stowage.
The grille has a big grill and a large space available for customer personalization. The new bumper features a new style integrates the cowling lines incorporating the headlight clusters in a single dedicated area which facilitates accessibility for maintenance.