This Privacy Notice explains how your personal data (“Data”) is handled by IVECO S.p.A. (“we”, “us”, “our”, or the “Company”) in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We are part of the CNH Industrial Group, a global leader in the capital goods sector and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. HOW WE OBTAIN DATA
Ordinarily, you will provide us with Data such as identification and contact information and professional data by means of online web pages or during events to which we participate.
In some cases, we may also collect Data about you from a third party or from public records. We protect Data obtained from such third parties according to the practices described in this privacy notice.
2. HOW WE USE DATA
Data collected may be processed by us for the following purposes:
i. sending communications and newsletters about the latest news about the Company and CNH Industrial Group;
ii. Inviting you to attend the event we organize or we participate to;
iii. Subject to your explicit and communicated decision to attend events you’ve been invited to by us, managing your participation to events which, depending on the situation, may include processing of your data to ensure access to event location, your personal safety, organization of transportation, hotel reservations. In order to meet these objectives, we may need you to provide us with additional information such as personal IDs, dietary preferences or need for specific form of assistance.
Data is collected and processed on the basis of our legitimate interest to ensure that press operators and media in general have continuous access to up-to-date information about the Company, our brands and our products.
Data may be processed electronically by means of information systems, and manually, in paper form. Data will be processed and stored for its whole lifecycle, ensuring security and confidentiality of the same in compliance with principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency and in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations.
3. CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO PROVIDE DATA
Submitting Data is never mandatory. However, not providing Data may prevent us from providing the required information, to register you for events we organize or participate to or to ensure an optimal organization of your participation to such events.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
Data may be shared and communicated to our subsidiaries and affiliates of the CNH Industrial Group, service providers, authorized dealers and distributors and business partners, based in and outside the European Union, which are under specific contractual obligation and may use it solely for the fulfillment of the purposes listed above.
With reference to point 2 (iii) of this Privacy Notice, Data may be also transferred to third party Controllers such as event organization agencies, transportation companies, travel agencies, catering service companies and hotels.
Data may be communicated to third parties to comply with legal obligations, to operate and maintain our and the CNH Industrial Group security, protect our and the CNH Industrial Group rights or property, to respond to order of Public Authorities, or to exercise our rights before judicial authorities.
5. HOW WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA
In order to perform Data processing activities as detailed above, we may transfer Data in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including storing such Data in digital or physical databases managed by entities acting on our behalf. Database management and Data processing are limited to the purposes of the processing and are carried out according to applicable data protection laws and regulations.
In case Data are transferred outside of the EEA, the Company will use any appropriate contractual measures to guarantee adequate protection of the Data, including – among others – agreements based on Standard Data Protection Clauses adopted by the EU Commission applicable to the transfer of personal data outside the EEA.
6. RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We maintain Data in our systems and archives for as long as necessary to pursue the purposes described in this Privacy Notice taking into account, when applicable, legal and contractual requirements.
When Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, Data is deleted or kept in a form which does not permit the identification of data subjects, provided that we are not legally required or permitted to hold such Data. We may continue to store Data for a longer period, as may be necessary to protect our interests related to potential liability connected to the provision of the services or products or the processing of Data.
7. DATA CONTROLLER
IVECO S.p.A., with registered office in via Puglia, 35, Turin, Italy, is the Controller for the Data it collects, processes and stores in the framework of this Privacy Notice.
8. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR DATA
You may exercise your rights as defined by applicable laws and regulations, among these:
• Right of access: right to obtain from the Controller a confirmation as to whether or not your personal information is being processed, and, if so, to demand to gain access to your personal data.
• Right to rectification: right to obtain from the Controller the rectification of your personal data that you may consider inaccurate and to have incomplete information being completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
• Right to erasure: right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data without undue delay, where the request is made in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
• Right to object to data processing: right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data based on the legitimate interest of the Controller.
• Right to limit the data processing: right to obtain from the Controller a limitation on the processing activities when the accuracy and the precision of personal data is disputed, and for the time necessary for the Controller to verify the accuracy of personal data.
• Right to data portability: right to receive the personal data you provided to the Controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance from the Controller, especially following these conditions: the processing is based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
• Right to make a complaint: without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial dispute, if you believe the data processing has been carried out illicitly or not compliant with applicable laws and regulations, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Supervisory Authority of the Member State in which you reside or work habitually, or of the State where any breach has occurred.
You can exercise the abovementioned rights by contacting us as follows:
• Filling the online form you can find here https://gdpr.cnhindustrial.com/en-us
• Writing an email to email@example.com, if possible attaching the standard form that you can download from here [http://www.cnhindustrial.com/en-us/footer/Pages/DSRDC.aspx ]
• Sending a letter to the Controller at the address indicated in the section 7 of this Privacy Notice, specifying “for the attention of Privacy Compliance”, if possible attaching the standard form that you can download from here [http://www.cnhindustrial.com/en-us/footer/Pages/DSRDC.aspx ]
Should you send us a request, we may need to obtain additional personal information from you to verify your identity and contact you, if necessary. This information, together with other Data we already withhold, will then be processed to meet your request, as required by applicable law. Where necessary, certain information may be transferred to other companies within or outside the CNH Industrial Group that act as data processors of your Data, in order to meet your request. Your Data will be processed for the necessary amount of time to evaluate and handle your request, after which your Data will be archived for a suitable time period allowing us to demonstrate that the request has been handled correctly and timely.
9. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was updated in July 2018. We reserve the right to amend or update the Privacy Notice from at any time to reflect changes of legal requirements or to our processing activities. We will make reasonable effort to inform you about any substantial update.